Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm Off.....

Saturday, July 23

Today I leave for England, more specifically, Surrey England.  I am privileged enough to have the opportunity to take a course on integrating technology and writing at the University of Surrey.  The purpose of this blog is to keep those interested updated on my day to day experiences.  I couldn't be more excited to take this journey and bring back a wealth of classroom and life knowledge.  As an English teacher and doctoral student, this should offer me a brand new perspective on English education, and possibly more important, on writing and what it means to be a writer.  As a writer, I look forward to interacting with new tools and technologies to be used in my own writing and in my students' writing.  The definition of writing and what it means to be literate have evolved immensely; isn't it time we look at changing with them?

Today's agenda: I should arrive at approximately 6:15 (England time) at Heathrow Airport.  By 11:00 am, I should arrive at the University of Surrey to check in before heading out to purchase supplies and lunch.  We have the remainder of the day to ourselves to relax and acclimatize our internal clocks.  Class begins at 9:30 Monday morning.

I hope you find my blog on learning and travel as interesting as I expect it will be to live.  Please feel free to use the comment tool to ask questions, make suggestions, and leave comments.

Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment