Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'm Finally Here...

Sunday, July 24--Surrey England

Well, after a long, uncomfortable, and miserable flight, I made it to England.  We made it to the dorms and checked in before taking off and exploring for the day.  I have seen pretty much everything the University of Surrey has to offer, and I did a walking tour of Guilford.  In Guilford, we saw everything from Guilford Castle, dating back to William the Conqueror and 1066, to a jolly well-dressed group playing what looked like serious (possibly professional) lawn bowling.  I had my first fish and chips and a couple of local English pints.

Overall, it's been a good day, although it has been tough to force myself to stay awake; I wasn't able to sleep at all on the plane, so I've been up a significant number of hours.  I am, however, going straight to bed when I finish this post.  When I have more energy, I'll post more specific updates, pictures, etc., but I don't have the energy right now.

Tomorrow, we spend the bulk of the day in class, so I'm looking forward to getting started.  This is going to be a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment