Saturday, August 6, 2011

Almost over

Saturday, August 7

It's Saturday, and my trip has almost come to an end.  All there is left to do is pack everything up and meet the group for dinner tonight.  Fortunately, I've almost finished packing, so the hard part will be over soon.

I can't believe it's time to go back home and to the real world.  This has been an amazing experience, one I will never forget.  I've seen sights and had experiences that up until now I had only read about or seen through pictures and videos.  They do not do them justice.  While I am taking home many of my own photographs and videos, I am taking home much more, a new perspective on the world and life.

Tomorrow morning, we meet the vans at 7:30 am to head to the airport for the long flight back.  We are scheduled to arrive at Raleigh-Durham at 2:45 pm EST.  After that, it's all over.  My new job starts Tuesday, and classes will start two weeks after that.

I hope this blog has been an interesting representation of my experiences in England.  It's been fun and useful to put them down and give myself a chance to really reflect on it all.

See you at home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment